Onterris shares fell approximately 18% on August 5 after the company reported Q2 revenue of $186.7 million, missing consensus by 6 to 7 percent.
Levi & Korsinsky, which is investigating potential securities law violations on behalf of ONT investors, said the company may have made materially false or misleading statements about its business outlook and customer demand. The firm is examining whether Onterris' February 25, 2026 guidance of $840 million to $900 million in full-year revenue was accurate given the subsequent shortfall.
Revenue fell 20.4 percent year over year. The company cut full-year 2026 guidance to $740 million to $790 million, a reduction of approximately $105 million at the midpoint. Management attributed the shortfall primarily to unusually low environmental emergency-response and related recovery activity, plus lower pass-through revenue and temporary regulatory waivers affecting air-testing work.
The reduced full-year range sits approximately 12 percent below the February midpoint. Onterris also disclosed a Board strategic review alongside the results. Reported diluted earnings came in at $0.04 per share against consensus of approximately $0.09.
Bank of America downgraded the stock after the report, citing deregulation and execution risks. The February outlook had included expected annual emergency response revenue of $50 million to $70 million, a line item that management now says fell short. The prior guidance range had been reiterated as recently as the company's May 6 quarterly release.
The investigation covers investors who purchased ONT securities and suffered losses, with eligibility based on purchase date and documented losses rather than whether shares are still held. Levi & Korsinsky said participation involves no upfront costs, as securities investigations are typically handled on a contingency basis. The firm has secured hundreds of millions of dollars for aggrieved shareholders over the past 20 years and has ranked in ISS Securities Class Action Services' Top 50 Report for seven consecutive years.
Investors who want to participate need brokerage records showing purchase dates, share quantities, and prices paid. Those who already sold their ONT shares at a loss remain eligible, as eligibility is based on when shares were purchased, not whether they are still held. No court appearances or depositions are required for participation in the investigation.
The investigation adds legal and regulatory uncertainty to a stock already under pressure from the guidance cut and strategic review. Investors will watch for the outcome of the Board review and any further disclosures from the company in coming weeks.
This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice.